Receptionist Job Description
The Receptionist position is responsible for helping with the customer service experience and
play an important role in ensuring all guests are satisfied. The receptionist will be responsible for
the front desk and back room operations and should have a thorough knowledge of our POS
system, cash handling, menu/pricing, products, and hours of operation and can communicate
non-technical information to guests in person and over the phone.
Essential Functions –
- Answer the phone with a friendly greeting and make appointments.
- Deliver information clearly and cordially.
- Greet guests cheerfully and explain the menu services.
- Estimate wait times and encourage guests to wait or return as appropriate.
- Work the leased line to promote salon and services
- Support established personal and/or salon retail goals by interacting with customers shopping for retail only.
- Recommend additional services and products to guests.
- Operate the POS, accept payment, give change, and provide receipts.
- Listen attentively to guest complaints and refer them to the manager.
- Keep the reception area, front desk, windows, product shelves, and floor clean and organized when not interacting with guests.
- Assist with Salon duties, including cleaning and organizing.
- Label and stock retail products.
- Work independently.
- Attend salon meetings or trainings when applicable.
- Strong guest service skills.
- Cash handling experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to point-of-sale systems
- Professional appearance and presence.
- Ability to travel to work and arrive on time for your scheduled hours.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including nights and weekends.
Physical Requirements – The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential duties of this role.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team, peers, supervisors and support partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests regarding services offered and requested, as well as the ability to understand guest needs and desires of such services.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent waving solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and guest’s perfume.
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms to perform various services.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products, change collateral and maintain station.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs. including pushing/pulling of styling chair.
- Ability to reach shoulder level and above to stock shelves and retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
- Ability to twist and bend to sweep hair off the floor after each service.
- Ability to travel when needed for training and possibly between salon locations.